Consumer & Retail
Growing SKUs and sales
Shortened shelf life of retail products, from fashion to the latest toy, and unpredictable swings in consumer demand, can make forecasting and planning difficult. You face cost pressures from retailers to keep prices low. More SKUs add complexity as does the urgency to meet your retailer customer’s requirements with the goal to provide a superior shopping experience for consumers, regardless of channel.
Multi-channel with BCR
With BCR on your side, your supply chain will be better matched to its unique demand environment. You will also meet retailer compliance requirements, helping you avoid penalties for late deliveries. We manage all modes of transport, even suggesting better ways to do things. Multiple distribution channels are no problem given our seasoned distribution and forwarding capabilities throughout Australia and beyond.
Our consumer goods solutions include:
Integrate supply and demand
- IT systems provide transparency into inventory levels, including purchase order (PO) management and shipment management capabilities that determine when needed stock will be replenished.
- Receive preferential duty rates, tariff concessions and assistance with classifying and re-classifying your imports with our expert customs consultancy
- Improve your forecasting and cost control with our landed costing tool that monitors expected and real landed cost per SKU
- Supply chain segmentation to achieve the best results suited to your particular products, product categories and supply chain strategy whether push, pull or combination
BCR capabilities include:
- Freight and transport management
- Contract logistics, warehousing & distribution
- Customs clearance and customs consultancy
- IT solutions for improved supplier management, PO management, shipment management, landed costing, inventory management, exception management
- Supply chain classification/segmentation
[...] we have found BCR to be highly supportive in the negotiation of freight rates, particularly our Trans-Pacific routes and the organisation of shipments from a range of originating points on the North American continents.