Offshore 3PL Warehousing
Is it hard to predict future demand when you place orders with your suppliers 3 to 6 months in advance? You may face cost increases due to less than container load (LCL) shipments and low container utilisation. Or high domestic inventory levels, holding and storage costs. You may be paying high labour costs for value-added services.
3PL Provider BCR solves offshore and import challenges
If your current sourcing model doesn’t allow a mix of cargoes from multiple suppliers or multiple deliveries from suppliers, then you may want to consider a 3PL offshore warehousing or consolidation solution. At BCR, we solve these common problems with a consultation that includes an in-depth 3PL analysis of your cargo origins and shipments. Our offshore 3PL warehousing services are often treated as additional stock points supported by an advanced Warehousing Management System (WMS) to achieve full visibility at the SKU level. Your business can also reduce domestic transportation costs with offshore 3PL warehousing that is likely to improve inventory management and achieve optimised distribution. Optimised distribution at destination also often reduces inter-warehouse transfers between destination warehouses.
BCR offshore 3PL solutions:
Consolidation and postponement
- Consolidate cargoes for one destination and bypass distribution centres (DCs) in Australia
- Pre-load container for multiple deliveries in Australia and only cross dock in Australia (flow through)
- By holding stocks offshore, lead times are only about 3 weeks from Asia with postponement closer to point of consumption, resulting in improved forecast ability (push/pull hybrid)
- Moving 3PL labour, cost-intensive processes to low-labour countries
- 3PL consolidation services include buyer’s consolidation, short-term storage to buffer different delivery times and consolidation across multiple suppliers
Warehousing and fulfilment
- Offshore 3PL warehouse locations in Shanghai, Ningbo and Shenzhen
- Long-term and permanent 3PL storage offshore, origin warehousing
- Order fulfilment from 3PL offshore warehouse
- Replenishment shipments to 3PL warehouses in Australia
- Value-added services at origin: picking, packing, neutralisation, labelling, unlabelling, tagging, slip sheeting, quality control
- Warehouse management system (WMS) and inventory control
They have always demonstrated a good awareness of changing conditions, offering innovative solutions in a proactive manner.