To facilitate the import and export of goods, Customs brokers are required to clear shipments, prepare necessary documentation and collect duties and taxes. The Customs Brokers act as a mediator between importers/exporters and the government, helping companies deal with legislation.
Key functions of a Customs Broker can be defined as:
- Providing extensive knowledge of customs to successfully to clear good into Australia from all countries
- Supporting businesses to successfully export their goods to customers all over the world
- Providing a professional service to complete the necessary paperwork required to import & export goods from Australia
- Providing the latest tariff classification advice with up to date fees that need to be paid by businesses in Australia that perform international trade
Customs Clearance can be defined as, the permission to take goods into or out of a country once customs requirements have been satisfied. The custom clearance is typically given to a shipping agent to prove that Australian Border Force rules & regulations have been met, applicable customs duties have been paid and the shipment has been approved.
Australian importers and exporters require accurate and up to date advice to achieve consistency with compliance. No matter where you are located, Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth or regional, you will require a strategic partner for customs consultancy and compliance reviews, which include the following extensive services:
- Expert advice and application
- Tariff and valuation
- Duty drawback
- Import duty refunds
- Department of Agriculture and Water Resources (DAWR – formally Quarantine) Import Permits
- FTA and preference advice
- Tradex information for exporters
- Advice on GST exemptions/rulings
- Standard contractual obligations
- Compliance Review
- Documentation review of import declarations before DIBP audits, attendance at audits
- Representation at the DAWR, ABF and the Administrative Appeals Tribunal (AAT)
With over 100 years of experience with Customs Clearance & Consultancy, BCR can provide a streamlined value add solution, providing factual information, that allows you to make informed decisions while establishing a long term partnership that ensures compliance.