Many changes are happening in Queensland this month. In collaboration with a long-term partner, the BCR warehouse and office in Brisbane is moving into a state-of-the-art facility. The brand-new site in conjunction with the proven operations and the smarts of BCR’s web-based Warehouse Management System is expected to propel BCR’s presence in the contract logistics domain in Queensland.
New warehouse – great new opportunities
Months of preparation come to an end this week as the BCR warehouse team in Brisbane move into a new warehouse and office. Besides a prime geographic location and excellent infrastructure access, this state-of-the-art facility offers the latest in material handling equipment and warehouse management system – bringing warehousing and distribution to a whole new level. The warehouse move is based on an increase in customer demand and positions BCR for the future.
“The move into our new facility at the Brisbane Airport is another important milestone in our continuous efforts to increase our contract logistics service offering,” states Holger Schaurig, Head of Contract Logistics at BCR. “With 10,000 pallet locations at our valued customer’s fingertips, we have significantly increased our footprint in the Sunshine State. The facility holds a combination of selective and double-deep pallet racking, which allows us to meet the most diverse logistics solutions requirements of our customers, regardless of whether this might be simple sequential pallet picking or batch-processed picking of inner cartons and single items.”
New offices for the BCR branch in Queensland
Along with the move into a new warehouse, the Brisbane based BCR team is moving into a new office which is attached to the new warehouse.
“It is very exciting to be able to now extend the great customer service the BCR Queensland team provides to our customers across an expanded warehouse and distribution service offering,” says Michael Thirgood, Queensland Branch Manager. “This investment by BCR in a new warehouse facility of the highest standards now gives our freight forwarding and customs customers a one-stop shop alternative for their warehousing and distribution needs. In Brisbane, BCR now offers a world-class integrated 3PL solution.”
While we are pleased to announce this move, we also ask for your understanding in the event of any inconvenience due to the move and the switch of the phone system between the 27th and 29th of January 2014. All contact phone and fax numbers will remain the same.
If for any reason you have trouble contacting us, please feel free to use our website contact form and our colleagues will assist you with any query.
The new Brisbane warehouse – an overview
Below we summarise detailed information about the new warehouse:
- Address: BCR – Qld Warehouse, 71 Charles Ulm Place, Eagle Farm, Qld 4009
- Situated within the TradeCoast Central estate at Eagle Farm, next to the M1 Highway, Brisbane Airport and Brisbane Sea Port
- Excellent infrastructural access
- 30,268 pallet spaces (10,000 pallet locations for BCR)
Technology / IT
- BCR web-based portal with customer login
- Submit shipping orders
- Check inventory balances
- Automated replenishment for fast moving items
- Full visibility in task management & progress of orders
- Comprehensive reporting functionalities
- All transactions captured in real time in BCR’s WMS
- Latest WiFi technology throughout the facility
- Picking & Packing, repackaging
- Light assembly
- Neutralisation → unlabeling, invoicing
- Labeling/ bar-coding, Tagging
- Palletisation & Slip-sheeting
- Quality assurance
- Postponement / localisation
- Returns / reverse management
- And more
- Highest level of security in terms of area, premises and facility
- Screened & monitored by BAC security staff and Australian Federal Police forces
- Complete CCTV security system with number plate recognition, CCTV cameras inside and outside the building
For more than a century, BCR has continued to help small, medium and large businesses achieve an optimum logistics solution with warehousing and transportation, including air freight and sea freight services to and from the major ports including Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide and Fremantle (Perth).