Green begins with logistics
Nowhere is the potential to work toward a better environment more dramatic than in transportation. As a shipper, your organisation is likely going or thinking “green.” Together, all parties in the supply chain can practice green logistics with small steps like conservation of resources whether in the office or involving goods in transit.
At BCR, we are “Australia proud” as an environmentally focused logistics services provider. We act with initiative to reduce waste of every kind and strive for best practices in sustainability. We continuously assist our customers refine their purchasing methods and freight consolidations to improve efficiencies and lower environmental impact. We also educate BCR team members and sub-contractors in our environmental objectives which include:
In BCR offices
- Fully established paper recycling program
- Scanning and imaging of all documentation
- Dual computer screens allow team members to work with digital documents rather than paper documents
With our partners and customers
- EDI transfer of data
- Actively encourage customers to use electronic communications, including invoicing, in preference to paper copies
- Paperless Customs entries, all shipment documentation saved and available from our WebTracking system
Logistics and sea freight
- Promote off-peak deliveries
- Move capacity from road to rail as appropriate
- Coastal shipping as a recognised, lower-emission transportation mode compared to road or rail
Facilities, terminals and warehouses
- Forklifts that are 95 percent emission-free
- Water tanks in depots
Trucking and over the road
- GPS route planning
- Off-peak delivery and truck size management (rigid options)
- Efficient driving techniques and maintenance guides in manuals
We believe that by partnering with our customers, carriers and agents, we can achieve a brighter tomorrow by endeavouring toward sustainability every day. We invite you to share your “green logistics” stories with us at: sustainability [at] bcr [dot] com [dot] au.
Their knowledge of the market and ability to understand our changing business needs has provided efficient and cost effective business outcomes.