Free Trade Agreement (FTA), Preference & Origin Advice
If you are an Australian importer, you could be entitled to a reduced rate of duty but may be unsure of the documentation required to be provided by your supplier. Uncertain if the country of origin of your imported product is entitled to a reduced duty rate? Do you have products made up of components that originate in countries outside of Australia and as a result, may not be entitled to a reduced duty rate under one preference scheme?
BCR Customs Broker classification consulting
Our BCR Customs Broker experts can review the classification of the product and provide advice on the different schemes available if there are more than one for the product. For products that contain multiple origins and to determine if preferential duty rates apply to imported products, a BCR Customs Broker can apply for an Origin Ruling from the Australian Border Force (ABF) to determine a product’s eligibility.
In addition to origin rulings and duty refunds, we provide advice on the schemes covering:
- The Agreement Establishing the ASEAN-Australia-New Zealand Free Trade Area
- Canada-Australia Trade Agreement (CANATA)
- Australia-Chile Free Trade Agreement (ACiFTA)
- Developing Country Preferential Rates
- Forum Islands (Including Fiji)
- Malaysia-Australia Free Trade Agreement (MAFTA)
- Australian New Zealand Closer Economic Relations Trade Agreement (ANZCERTA)
- Singapore-Australia Free Trade Agreement (SAFTA)
- Thailand-Australia Free Trade Agreement (TAFTA)
- Australia-United States Free Trade Agreement (AUSFTA)
- Korea-Australia Free Trade Agreement (KAFTA)
- Japan-Australia Economic Partnership Agreement (JAEPA)
- China-Australia Free Trade Agreement (ChAFTA)
Their knowledge of the market and ability to understand our changing business needs has provided efficient and cost effective business outcomes.