Economical coastal shipping and storage in Australia
Transit for domestic transport of full container loads (FCLs) from east coast locations Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne and Adelaide to west coast Fremantle (Perth) ports don’t have to be expensive. Coastal shipping intra-Australia allows you to save significantly on transportation and streamline your supply chain while reducing carbon emissions. Removing road or rail from long-haul domestic transits can also reduce warehousing costs.
BCR coastal shipping transport
BCR offers east coast sea freight coastal shipping solutions from the ports of Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne and Adelaide to Fremantle (Perth) as a gateway to the rest of Western Australia. Our logistics expertise and relationships with multiple carriers allow us to eliminate up to 40 percent of costs from your intra-Australia shipping or total supply chain expenditures (depending on your shipping patterns) versus road or rail alternatives.
BCR intra-Australia coastal shipping solutions include:
- Containerised and break-bulk consignments
- More options given multiple sailing times per week
- Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide loadings for shipments to Fremantle (Perth), including onward transportation via road or rail to final destination
Gain these additional coastal shipping benefits:
- Significantly reduced east coast to west coast transport costs
- Warehouse on the water: potential to eliminate or reduce land-based warehousing and storage costs
- Consistent customer delivery schedules with multiple weekly options
- Coastal shipping is the lowest carbon-emitting mode of transport on a tonne per kilometer basis versus other modes, according to the Bureau of Infrastructure, Transport and Regional Economics (BITRE)
BCR’s ability to source competitive pricing, equipment and space protection, particularly during peak demand has proven invaluable to our business and overall supply chain success.
Learn how BCR’s coastal shipping solutions assisted an Australasian retailer achieve significant savings in our improved supply chain efficiencies case study.